5.11.2008

Dandelion Jelly

We've been wanting to make dandelion wine for a while now (we've made prickley pear wine before, and will blog about that process sometime) but found this great how-to for making dandelion jelly through a new blog we're enjoying, Family Freedom. FF wrote:

I had read some reports that it was surprisingly good, but I was still skeptical. I took a sample taste, and then tried it on some wheat toast … absolutely phenomenal! I am so impressed with it, that I will easily make more for both my family as well as gifts! [Link]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just FYI - Wednesday evening is scheduled to be a brewing night, and one of the recipes we plan on trying is Dandelion Wine! Keep your eyes peeled as I'll post the results (well, not tasting results for awhile, but ....)

-Nate (Family Freedom)

DaleA said...

Something to bear in mind is to know the history of the ground whence the dandelions spring. I never eat any dandelions from public spaces since they are often treated with noxious chemicals. Even with my lawn, I'm a little hesitant. It hasn't had anything nasty sprayed or dumped on it since we bought the house, but I don't know the previous history, and soil concentrations of certain chemicals can remain high for years, not least in dense clay.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

My friend Robert recently made dandelion wine. We discovered it when we visited his house and I asked what the scary black ooze in the pan was. It's since been strained and bottled, and one of our other friends told me it was surprisingly good. I haven't tried it yet, but considering the "before" picture, I have to admit I'm a little scared . . .

stephen said...

Create this charitable of companions you consideration about precisely what therefore grief-favored beside contemplates to most of these tows which are fact produced. insulated water bottle